Friday, March 20, 2009

Imagination...

As far as imagination goes, 4 seems to be the age it all comes together. Old enough to track and remember storyline... young enough not to care that others may be puzzling about what you could possibly be up to. I am envious of Busy Bee's total immersion into the worlds he creates. We are all always cast in his play and though we play along, there is always one toe left in the dreaded "real world". I watch with joy as he changes to fit whatever fantasy is playing out in his world. I try to remember when the line between fantasy and reality became so straight for Constant. I think it was gradual, as the reality of school and friendships moved to the front and becoming a Jaguar leaping through the forest became a slightly embarrassing story his mom told at family gatherings.
Busy starts kindergarten in the fall. I plan on enjoying this summer's adventures to the fullest, hoping to add to the slightly embarrassing stories I tell. Remind me to tell you the one about the snail and his trail.

1 comment: