Saturday, March 7, 2009

The younger me...

When did I become the mom who bribes her 4 year old with Cheetos so he will ride in the cart at Trader Joe's? The younger me, the one who turns her nose up at my messy house and shrill tone, is appalled by entire experience. The younger me doesn't have children and a husband and a job and a million and a half things to get done by 3:00pm. The younger me glides around in her size 2 jeans and rolls her eyes at the image of me arguing with my 12 year old over the best way to reduce fractions. The younger me gazes in pity at my husband, who is very politely eating the dinner I slaved over, but forgot to add salt. The younger me knows I plan on wearing sweats to bed and she feels my husband deserves a little more than that, he did eat the unappetizing dinner after all. The younger me shakes her head at my life and can't believe I am not more organized, calmer, thinner, sexier, and many other things she was sure I would have a good handle on by now.
The younger me would never understand how much joy can come from hearing her 4 year old and 12 year old giggle together with delight in the fort which has taken over the living room. The younger me would totally miss the look of desire my husband gives me from his side of the fort. To tell the truth, the younger me is a bit of a bitch and really needs to stuff her skinny ass back in the recesses of my mind. The me right now can handle life just fine without her help.

4 comments:

  1. I like both of you...glad to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling my husband the other day that I wished I was 18 again, but I wanted to know now what I didn't know then.
    I wish I could fit into my size two jeans, I wish I didn't have eye crinkles and boob creases!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally gave away my size two jeans...too depressing. Ha! Besides, my two wonderful children are worth the pain of not being too skinny anymore :^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved every second of every day.....

    ReplyDelete