Monday, March 30, 2009

The joys of having a preteen...







I can already hear many of you laughing at the title of this post. No sarcasm was intended. Oh sure there is the other side: the moodiness, the sullenness, the not wanting to share everything in his life with his mother who loves him oh so very muchness, but those are items for a different post.



This morning I woke a little late. (That may happen when one is awakened in the middle portion of the night and not able to fall asleep again until really it would be better to just get up.) I had a moment of panic: breakfast, lunches, homework check, ahhhh! But then I heard a rattling in the kitchen. Curious I went to investigate and found Constant making muffins, oatmeal, and eggs. He was showered and dressed. Most importantly, he had the water on for my coffee. AMAZING!!!! He ate, I ate (yummy muffins go very well with coffee), he got off to school, I read the paper. My faith in the future of the world has truly been restored. I love my preteen!



4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful way to start a Monday. He is an industrious young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if you have him trained very well! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, how sweet! You better sleep late more often.

    ReplyDelete